Now doesn't' this No Bake Strawberry Shortcake just make you salivate? Do you have a favorite recipe that you pull out for special dinners that you are just famous in your circle of family and friends for making? This dessert only takes about 15 minutes to assemble, but you must plan to give it several hours in the refrigerator before you can cut and serve it.
The crumb in it is made with Golden Oreos. We are all so familiar with Chocolate Oreos, but yes there is a white one as well, and it is perfect for this type of dessert. This dessert also calls for Cool Whip Topping. Cool Whip is a love/hate product, so for those that love it, you can make as is and for those that don't, you can still appreciate and enjoy this recipe and just substitute stabilized whipped cream.
The fresh strawberries add that fresh, live appeal to this dessert. Make sure when you get your strawberries they are the sweetest, juiciest you can find. When you buy tasteless berries, and unfortunately it does happen, it will not do justice to this light, lovely dessert.
To choose your strawberries
1. Shop for them seasonally, which means you might have to freeze them when they are are in season so you have delicious strawberries all year round that you bought at a good price. In the winter it is very difficult to find strawberries that are organic that do not cost a fortune.
2. Examine the strawberries for bruising or mold. They should be firm, bright red and look like they still have some life in them. Once strawberries are picked they usually do not ripen anymore but often times they will become darker and lose their acidity.
3. Medium sized strawberries are the ideal choice as they are usually more flavorful then the bigger ones. The larger the berry, the more water content and therefore sometimes less flavor.
4. Smell your strawberries, they should smell delicious! If not then they are probably less juicy and less sweet.
5. When you are buying strawberries make sure that the packaging is not too tight or the berries will be crushed and get moldy much faster.
The recipe, which you will discover a bit later is well explained on the Crazy For Crust site, but let us first read a bit about strawberries and what you can expect nutritionally from this red luscious fruit. Strawberries are low in calories and high in vitamins C, B6, K, folic acid, potassium and amino acids. They also have high levels of nitrate. What does that do for you? Well, this increases blood and oxygen flow to the muscles. If you are going to go out and exercise, eating a few strawberries first will help you burn more calories and have greater endurance. You always hear about strawberries and champaign. Strawberries are believed to be an aphrodisiac. That is why in France, a newlywed couple will be offered this as a traditional wedding breakfast.
There are just some dessert recipes that are considered fun desserts. Cool dessert recipes like this No Bake Strawberry Shortcake are bound to become a family favorite that you get asked time and time again to make. Easy dessert recipes are also extra great to share with family and friends. Fancy but easy desserts generally steal the show so be sure to give this easy and delicious dessert recipe a try! Let us take you now to the 'Crazy For Crust' website where you will find the complete list of ingredients and the instructions for this inviting dessert.
Nutrition Facts of the No Bake Strawberry Shortcake Dessert from Crazy for Crust
Ingredients: Vanilla instant pudding, nonfat milk, vanilla extract, Golden Oreos, unsalted butter, cool whip topping, fresh strawberries.
* Percentages (%) are based on a 2000 calorie diet. * The entire recipe has been calculated for 10 servings. *Per Serving: Calories 282, Calories from Fat 142, Total Fat 15.8g 24%, Saturated Fat 9.8g 49%, Cholesterol 7mg 2%, Sodium 195mg 8%, Potassium 181mg 5%. Carbohydrates 33.1g 11%, Dietary Fiber 1.6g 6%, Sugars 23.8g, Protein 3.3g, Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 45%, Calcium 6%, Iron 7%
~*~*For all featured guest blogger recipes, we want to send out a sincere thanks for allowing us to share this content. Be sure to check out their website at the link below.~*~*
Get Recipe / Learn More at Crazy For Crust