Wondering how to deal with mold and mildew on the walls? Want to learn how to clean mold naturally? This informative article on how to remove mold from your home can show you. When mold is found outdoors, there’s really no issue. In fact, if there were no mold in the world, we’d be in trouble. Mold is fungus and an essential aspect of nature. Mold contributes to the decaying process of vegetation and other organic materials – in a sense, mold is nature’s clean-up crew, transforming dead leaves, wood, and rotting vegetables into fertile compost. Mold can be dangerous to human health, however, when it moves indoors. There are specific measures you can take at home so that your indoor mold growth is kept to the barest minimum. And if you do find any mold in your home, you will know how to take care of it.
It can be helpful to learn what mold is, how it grows, and why it’s harmful to humans before proceeding with cleaning it up. Mold gets a lot of negative attention in the media because of its impact on human health, but it’s important to know that mold has a specific role to play in our ecosystem, and if we did not have it, the world would quickly fill up with partially-decayed matter. Indoor mold comes in a variety of forms and colours, but it can be easily identified by its characteristic textures – fuzzy, slimy, and gooey, as well as its smell, which tends to be musty. All molds, once detected, need to be cleaned up immediately. Mold thrives in moist environments and is common in areas with wet climates. Mold is particularly attracted to bathrooms, due to a preponderance of moisture in the room. Droplets of water tend to linger in the air after showers and baths, eventually landing on surfaces. If any mold spores are in the air, they, too, will land on these surfaces and take up residence. That’s why it’s wise to have an exhaust fan in your bathroom, so that you can vent out moisture after bathing. A window can also be very helpful.
Temporarily turning up the heat in the bathroom can also be beneficial, to dry the air out so that mold cannot find a place to grow. Once a mold spore lands, if the environment is favourable, it will start growing roots, otherwise known as hyphae, that dig deep into the surface. Once rooted, mold will branch out rapidly and can cover several square feet. If left unchecked, mold can render a home uninhabitable with a relatively short period of time. Once a mold colony is established, it releases more spores – which are tiny seeds that are carried by air currents. They land on new surfaces and start to grow more mold in new locations, when the conditions are just right. Mold can cause serious reactions in humans, including allergies, headaches, skin rashes, congestion, and asthma. When dealing with mold, it’s important to wear gloves as well as a mask over your nose and mouth to protect your lungs. Although it may be tempting to use heavy-duty toxic chemicals when trying to clean up mold issues in your home, the best remedy for mold is a natural one. When you use chemicals to clean mold, you can add to the toxicity and potentially make the problem worse. This article on mold cleanup comes from the “My Cleaning Solutions” website where you can get the full instructions on cleaning mold from your home naturally. You can also find some very useful information on how to clean other problem areas in your home.*
~*~*For all featured guest blogger recipes, we want to send out a sincere thanks for allowing us to share this content. Be sure to check out their website at the link below.~*~*
View more photos here: view photo gallery. Or find out more information from the link below.
Get Recipe / Learn More at My Cleaning Solutions