White distilled vinegar is something that you will often see when it comes to natural cleaning solutions. Some people think that white vinegar is just for making pickle recipes or for coloring Easter eggs, but you might surprise at the wide variety of uses for this inexpensive ingredient. White vinegar can be used for everything from medicinal uses to home made cleaning products and everything in between. White vinegar has a very long and interesting history as it was discovered more than 10,000 years ago. The word vinegar comes from the French who named it vin aigre, which means sour wine. As vinegar was discovered from a cask of wine that went bad. Through the years white vinegar has been produced from a range of raw materials from grapes, berries fruits, honey, beer, grains, and potatoes. The following are just some of the ten reasons why vinegar is the only household cleaner you'll ever need. You will find white vinegar used for everything from life hacks, natural cleaning solutions; home made cleaning products and more.
1. Vinegar can be used to restore old cookware. Give new life to pots and pans that are looking a little rough. To use pour some white vinegar in along with the same amount of water. Boil the mixture together for about five minutes, and the stains and cooked-on gunk should be gone for good.
2. Vinegar can be used to unclog the sink. For clogged drains reach for some baking soda and white vinegar. All it takes is about 1/2 cup of baking soda poured into the drain and followed by one cup of vinegar. Once the foaming stops, simply rinse your sink with hot water.
3. Vinegar works as a trash can deodorizer. Garbage cans can stink, even if they've just been emptied. To get rid of trash can odor, soak a piece of bread in some vinegar, then drop the soaked bread it into the bottom of the garbage can. Allow the bread to sit overnight, in the morning, throw away the bread away and wipe away any vinegar residue left on the bottom.
4. Vinegar as a fruit fly trap. There are certain times of year that fruit flies seem to be a problem. If your home has become overrun with pesky fruit flies, try filling a small cup with some apple cider vinegar, cover it with cling wrap, and then poke a few holes into the top to create a quick and easy fruit fly trap.
5. Vinegar for sticky residue. For sticker residue that you can't seem to get rid of use a mist of white vinegar and allow it to sit for a couple of minutes before you wipe it away.
These hacks on how to make your life easier and save on your grocery bill can be found on the "Diply" site. "Diply" has all sorts of things from life ideas, news, style, culture and videos to keep you busy. You'll also find how to make your life easier, real life hacks, simple life hacks, cleaning tips and tricks and so much more. **
~*~*For all featured guest blogger recipes, we want to send out a sincere thanks for allowing us to share this content. Be sure to check out their website at the link below.~*~*
Get Recipe / Learn More at Diply